Pen y Cymoedd Wind Farm Community Fund has been investing in communities and businesses across the upper reaches of the Neath, Afan, Rhondda and Cynon valleys since 2016. If you are passionate about this area, and excited about what the Fund can achieve – would you like to join us?
We are looking for new members to join our Board in June this year.
We particularly welcome applications from people who live or work in the Fund area. Previous experience of being a board member or trustee is not essential – training is available.
There are around 9 meetings each year. We aim to ensure that dates and times of meetings are flexible to enable as many people as possible to attend.
Members are responsible for:
– ensuring that the organisation complies with its legal obligations and high standards of governance
– overseeing the day to day management and strategic direction of the Fund
– ensuring high levels of engagement with the local community and stakeholders.
– assessing and awarding grants and loans
The Board appoints its Chair at the CIC’s AGM each year, and our Treasurer will be stepping down in October 2020. If you might be interested in taking on either of these roles in due course as a Board member you will find details in the application pack.
Remuneration is £300 a day (pro-rata for part days), along with reasonable travel costs. Successful applicants will be formally appointed on 13.6.20 for a 3-year period with the potential for a further 3 years.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 17.00, Monday 2nd March 2020
Interviews: w/c 9.3.20
To Apply: For further information and to apply please:
– Email firstname.lastname@example.org
– See www.penycymoeddcic.cymru/news
– Phone 01685 878785 to request a pack