Pen y Cymoedd Wind Farm Community Fund has been investing in communities and businesses across the upper reaches of the Neath, Afan, Rhondda and Cynon valleys since 2016. If you are passionate about this area, and excited about what the Fund can achieve – would you like to join us? We are looking for new members to join our Board in October this year. We particularly welcome applications from people who live or work in the Fund area. Previous experience of being a board member or trustee is not essential – training is available. There are around 9 meetings each year. We aim to ensure that dates and times of meetings are flexible to enable as many people as possible to attend.
This year we are looking for one general Board member and one Board member with finance skills that may wish to become Treasurer during their term.
Members are responsible for:
– ensuring that the organisation complies with its legal obligations and high standards of governance
– overseeing the day-to-day management and strategic direction of the Fund
– ensuring high levels of engagement with the local community and stakeholders.
– assessing and awarding grants and loans
Additionally, a Treasurer would be responsible for:
- Guiding, advising, and assuring the Board in the approval of budgets, accounts, and financial statements, within a relevant financial policy framework and keeping the Board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities.
- Advising on the financial implications of PyC CIC’s strategic and operational plans
- Ensuring that proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place to provide assurance to the Board of the company’s financial integrity and to safeguard resources.
- Overseeing the production of budgets and necessary financial reports / returns, accounts, and audits.
The Board appoints its Chair at the CIC’s AGM each year, and our Treasurer will be stepping down in October 2021. If you might be interested in taking on either of these roles in due course as a Board member you will find details in the application pack.
Remuneration is £300 a day (pro-rata for part days), along with reasonable travel costs. Successful applicants will be formally appointed on 10.10.2021 for a 3-year period with the potential for a further 3 years.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 17.00, Friday 10 September 2021
To Apply: For further information and to apply please:
– Email email@example.com
– See www.penycymoeddcic.cymru/news
– Phone 07458 300 117 to request a pack